New jobs, foot pain, and learning about my health issues

 


So I have been working my 2 jobs for a couple weeks now and its going better than I expected. The only issues I have had is standing up has been far more painful to my feet than it has ever been in the past, like there's been 3 times as much pain as there should be from standing up for a shift at work. I discovered that this was because of the insoles in my shoes. I have custom orthotic insoles for my shoes from my chiropractor and they are great, but if I don't get the insoles out of my shoes that came in the shoes, its like having twice as much insole in the shoe, and the shoes I currently wear are Sketchers with the memory foam insoles which I didn't completely remove from my shoe when I put my custom insoles in. My heels and arches were killing me from having twice as much support under them as they needed. 

I also worked with my rheumatologist to figure out why there was SO much pain in my feet all the time and why it lasts so long. We changed my medication so that I take a bigger dose of it and take it before I go to work because it takes a long time for it to kick in. This way its starting to kick in before I start having pain and I get ahead of it a little, and I am to take it regularly every day. This helps although its not as big of a help as I need it to be. At my hotel job, they got some mats for the floor to lessen the impact of the floor on your feet while you're standing for hours and that also helps. I still have a lot of pain in my feet but I can now stand for a lot more of my shift than I could before this. I am still allowed to sit down if needed at the hotel also and that helps a lot. I made it through my last two 5 and a half to 6 hour shifts without my feet hurting until probably halfway through the shift or more. I am happy with this, as it means I can work without as much pain and can keep the hotel job.

I have also discovered that some of the things that trigger my IBS also trigger my fibromyalgia, such as aspartame from sugar free or diet foods or drinks. All of my health conditions seem to be connected to each other or act as triggers to the others, like when I have something that triggers my IBS, it then triggers the fibromyalgia which then triggers the migraines and asthma. Or I will have an asthma attack and that will set off the pain of the fibromyalgia which then leads me to also get a migraine and the migraine then flares the IBS up. Its amazing how so much of our body systems are connected to each other and how many chronic illnesses are linked to each other. I am still learning so much about my fibromyalgia and its relation to my other issues. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall at work, fibromyalgia flare, plantar fasciitis, and more

Chiropractor appointment and overdoing it

Fibromyalgia pain, yoga and meds