Med side effects, working too much and more

 

I am trying to deal with a lot of side effects from my pain meds for fibromyalgia and it's quite a struggle right now. The Celebrex causes quite a bit of constipation, it's pretty uncomfortable and even painful at this point. When I go to the rheumatologist I need to bring this up with them. I can fix it because I can take stool softeners and/or laxatives if needed. I can also have a big cup of coffee, like 16oz or more and that also helps loosen it up. I think it is also affecting my appetite because not being able to go makes me feel full. The Lamictal can also cause appetite issues and it affects my sleep so I struggle taking it, I can't figure out if I should take it in the morning or at night. I'm beginning to think that taking it at bedtime when I also take my muscle relaxer is the best idea.

Another issue is that my Advair Diskus causes chest pain/tightness, coughing, wheezing, and basically aggravated asthma symptoms although not always to an asthma attack level. It is very hard to take it but I have to. I have to get used to taking it or this inflammation in my lungs is not going to go away. I have to take all of my meds or the issues I'm taking them for won't go away. It is very hard to have as many medications as I do and remember them all and deal with all their side effects at one time while still functioning in my life. I truly wish I didn't need so many medications. One of the hardest ones to do is my Ajovy migraine injection as I struggle very hard with a fear of needles/injections.

I have finally released my podcast that goes along with this blog. It is called My Chronic Life and is allowing me to talk about the things I also discuss in this podcast with my chronic illnesses, mental illnesses, work/life balance, tips, and tricks for living with these illnesses, and everything I write about here. I get to have another way to help people like me that are suffering from these illnesses and I can really speak out loud and connect on another level with them there. Make sure you check it out on Spotify, Google Podcasts, iheartradio, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall at work, fibromyalgia flare, plantar fasciitis, and more

Chiropractor appointment and overdoing it

Fibromyalgia pain, yoga and meds